Downtown Traffic Advisory
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation will temporarily close EK Gaylord/Shields Blvd between Reno and SW 4th St. from 6 a.m., Sunday, Aug. 19 through September for deck and beam removal of the old I-40 Crosstown bridge.
Detours will be well marked along the street.
- Detour for north bound Shields/EK Gaylord – west on SW 4, north on Robinson (narrowed to one lane in each direction), east on Reno.
- Detour for south bound Shields/EK Gaylord – west on Reno, south on Robinson (narrowed to one lane in each direction), east on SW 5.
It is highly recommended that drivers avoid EK Gaylord/Shields Blvd while traffic is detoured. Drivers should consider using I-235 as an alternate route to the downtown Oklahoma City and Bricktown areas. North bound I-235 drivers can use the Sheridan Ave/Downtown exit; south bound I-235 drivers can use the N. 6th St/Downtown exit.
The section of EK Gaylord/Shields Blvd that will be closed is north of the new highway so the Shields Blvd on and off-ramps to the I-40 Crosstown will remain open during this work.
- EK Gaylord/Shields is closed between SW 4th and Reno while ODOT crews complete the old I-40 removal. This closure is anticipated to last 30 days.
- Robinson between Kerr and McGee will close 8/18 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. while crews work on private downtown renovations.
- Western from Sheridan to NW 7th is reduced to one lane in each direction.
- East side of Walker from Main to Kerr closed. The east side of Walker from Main to Kerr is closed for utility relocations.
- Colcord from Lee to Walker is closed while crews continue to relocate utilities.
- Lee from Couch to Colcord closed to through traffic, local access maintained while crews install a water line.
- Couch is closed between Hudson and Walker while crews install utilities. Parking for the Museum of Art is located on Kerr.
- The east side of Hudson closed from Kerr to Main. Two southbound lanes are open.
- The west side of Hudson closed from Main to Sheridan. Two southbound lanes are open.
- The north half of Sheridan from Robinson to Gaylord is closed to traffic while crews remove pavement and relocate utilities. One lane of traffic is open in each direction.
- Kerr closed between Robinson and Broadway for private downtown renovations.
All project timelines are contingent upon the weather.
*Denotes construction unrelated to Project 180
For a map that illustrates current traffic conditions please click here: Downtown Traffic Map.